Job Type: Employer: Location: Logistics: Department: Base Salary:
St. Petersburg / Tampa, FL
On-site (work from home as needed)
Design – Environmental Graphic Design, EGD $30,000 – $45,000 (bonus and benefits will apply)
Oakhurst Signs & Graphics is looking for a Junior Designer to provide creative solutions of property branding for clients across the US. We welcome design experience and a technical background to produce accurate and detailed sign systems and branded environmental graphics. The position requires attention to detail, ability to receive art direction, and to be a team player.
- Conceptual – design and scale brand identities into sign systems and branded environments
- Technical – integrate designs into architectural and engineering building systems.
- Accuracy – including spelling, dimensions, color palette, construction methods and presentation format.
- Collaborate – receive and share clear communication across departments and coworkers.
- Preparation of schematic design for final approval and pre-production.
- Analyze notes and project research to design cost effective solutions.
• Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud – Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat Pro or CorelDraw.
• Portfolio with work samples demonstrating strength in design composition, color theory, and typography.
• Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Ability to think strategically, creatively and independently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with signage, wayfinding, or environmental graphic design.
- Understanding and awareness of preparing files for printing.
- Working knowledge of SketchUp.
Applicants will be subject to a sample design test for further evaluation after an interview to measure ability.
Oakhurst Signs & Graphics is a full-service, environmental branding company located in St. Petersburg, FL. We custom design, build, and install signage, wayfinding, and experiential graphics for commercial real estate owners and operators around the country.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Base salary is determined by related experience with bonuses dependent on performance. Health, medical, dental, and life insurance benefits are available. Oakhurst does not compensate for relocation or commute.